Hey Great Minds!
So I’m sure you’ve heard all the hype about Periscope or maybe you haven’t heard a thing! Well either way you are in the right place! Periscope is the new big thing in social media! When it comes to interacting with your followers Periscope takes the cake! It allows you to share content with your followers via a live web broadcast. The cool part is you receive immediate feedback during your broadcast in the form of comments and or hearts! Where you can also give an immediate response to your followers!
It’s totally free and brought to us by twitter! It is available for download via mobile app. You can sign up through your twitter account.
Angie from Lucky Little Learners is the reason teachers have been taking it by storm. They began broadcasting from the Teachers Pay Teachers conference and it really took off. I started using it while at ITSE a few weeks ago.
Okay lets get down to business here are a few reasons how and why you should be scoping!
- Share all the great things you are doing and creating for your classroom! So many tips and ideas are being offered by great teachers on Periscope.
- Get quick tutorials on how to do cool things every teachers should know about!
- Connect with all your favorite teacher bloggers and be kept up to date on all things Ed!
- Encouragement and support! This tribe of #periscopingteachers is all about promoting each other and inspiring teachers.
- Bonus celebrity scopes are such a treat! Yes! Several of the stars are joining the fun by doing live broadcasts from their home or other events in Hollywood. They even interact with the followers.
So please join me and several other teachers that have flipped the camera! I’ve done my first broadcast and boy was it exciting and empowering. I plan on doing many more so make sure to follow me! Thanks for reading!